Latest Feedback, Click here
MALFROY lodge is best because it's centrally located, walking distance to Rotorua's largest mall. It has mineral spa and the hosts do not restrict access at late hours. The entire accommodation service feels like B&B. The MALFROY motel is highly recommended for families as it offers big rooms! I appreciate that when I look out the window, I would see many flowering plants! The entire experience made me want to move to Rotorua, New Zealand!
Rotorua TourismVoted as the most beautiful city in New Zealand for 6 out of the last 11 years. Rotorua fascinates foreign and local tourists.
So here is a map and a list of free things to do, great things to see in Rotorua for families in a budget.
1. Pohutu and the Prince of Wales geyser - Hemo Road, Whakarewarewa - family activity
2. Cultural S hows and Cultural shops at Tyron Street, Rotorua - Hot pools are seen in this area as well
3. Beautiful and unique lakes - Blue and Green Lakes towards Lake Tawera - have a quick picnic or a small meal or ice cream in the cafe in the area.
Lake front in Rotorua's CBD. There's a large park with nice playgrounds for kids in the middle of Rotorua's central business district. This is somewhere you can take your kids. They can enjoy playing at the playground while you can relax by the lake.
4. Kuirau Park - watch boiling mud pools for free! This thermal park is close to the Rotorua township. You'd need to be extra careful taking photos!
5. Rotorua Museum - Rotorua Government Gardens. Marvel at the amazing flowers surrounding a majestic structure - The Rotorua Bath Museum. Spring, Summer would be the best times to visit but the gardens are usually in bloom in any season. This is an enjoyable and an educational experience for your kids as well. Every season, there are different flower displays.
6. Ohinemutu - if you would like to get a more cultural experience, visit Ohinemutu. You can see a lot of original Maori structures in this town by the lake.
7. Hamurana Springs - be amazed by the beautiful, pristine springs of Rotorua in this reserve. The deepest fresh water spring is found here, as well as dancing magic ripples seen through the clear waters. There's a wonderful 20 minute walk fit for all ages in this reserve. Families may bring some food for picnics.
8. Whakarewarewa forest or the Redwoods - free MTB and walking trails. Picnic tables amidst the towering redwoods are available.